Amundsen Associates is a Casper, Wyoming company looking to grow. We have a number of projects on the board and more are in the works. Looking for self-motivated, self-directed, goal-oriented team players who are eager to learn all types of architecture. Our team is looking for people for the following positions: Cad Tech, BIM Modeler and/or Interior Designer with Revit skills. The ideal candidate enjoys working in a small collaborative team and sharing their talent and experience. Applicants familiar with Wyoming and/or the Rocky Mountain region are preferred, but not required.
Casper is located in central Wyoming with a population of approximately 58,000. Casper has a lot to offer with the Hogadon Basin ski area, blue ribbon fly fishing, biking, hiking, boating, hunting, golf courses, concerts, mountain sports, rodeos, breweries, restaurants, the National Historic Trails Center, the Nicolaysen Art Museum, and the Casper Events Center. Our central location is ideal for weekend trips to many Rocky Mountain locations. Grand Teton National Park, Yellowstone National Park, Denver, Deadwood, Big Horn Mountains, Mount Rushmore, Crazy Horse, Jackson Hole and more. For longer trips, you can hop on a plane about 15 minutes out of town at Casper-Natrona County International Airport.
Amundsen Associates is a small company where staff work on all aspects of projects from start to finish. We do not specialize in any particular type of project which we design to meet the needs of our varied clients including: K-12 Schools, Higher Education, Healthcare, Performing Arts, Custodial, Commercial, Fitness and Recreation, Residential , hotels, bars/restaurants, and agriculture.
- Working in a small office where we share tasks and responsibilities.
- Produce quality construction documents efficiently. Take drawings from conceptual design to construction documents.
- Meet with customers, engineers and contractors as needed to coordinate projects.
- Manage specific projects, from conceptual design to construction administration.
- Use Revit to produce as-built construction documents and plans (Management and development of Revit families is a plus.)
- Draw, design, and be productive with minimal direction (present floor plans, elevations, sections, details, door and window schedules, etc.)
- Plan daily activities to meet production requirements.
- Be flexible and work with multiple project teams to help with project completion.
- Must be experienced in REVIT and Microsoft Office; proficiency in Bluebeam, Photoshop and rendering software (i.e. Enscape) is a plus.
- At least 4 years of experience producing architectural drawings, however, we will consider all levels of experience from recent graduate to seasoned professional.
- Ability to read and understand structural, civil, mechanical and electrical drawings.
- Ability to present architectural drawings from design drawings through construction documents is preferred.
- Strong communication, critical thinking and graphic design skills.
General skill requirements:
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Problem solving
- Sense of ownership and responsibility Ability to juggle multiple projects
- Life insurance
- A simple IRA retirement plan where we match a portion of your contributions
- Personal leave (vacation and sick leave combined)
- Paid vacation
- IDP/AXP fees are paid 100%
- Architecture Registration Examination Fee Paid 100%
- Year-end annual bonuses
- Great outdoor activities
- No state income tax
- Paid time for lunch and learn AIA Wyoming conferences
- Occasional paid firm lunches whenever we feel like going out for lunch, as well as birthday lunches etc.
- 5 day work week
- Friday afternoons of any week you work 40 hours before noon on Friday
- Casual work every day. (We wear jeans in Wyoming!)
- Ergonomic workstation with 2-monitor configuration. Elevating workstation to allow you to sit or stand while you work.
Company Profile :
Amundsen Associates is a small architectural firm located in Casper, Wyoming. We have been providing architectural services for over 40 years. We are a small business, which allows us to provide exceptional, personalized service to our clients, whether as official architect on projects as small as a few thousand dollars or as large as multi-million dollar projects. dollars. We also have extensive experience as an Associate Architect, working for larger out-of-state firms, on projects with construction budgets up to one hundred million dollars.
Over the years, we have worked on many types of projects: higher education, agricultural, K-12, commercial, residential, food service, healthcare, custodial, hospitality and retail. At Amundsen Associates, we specialize in listening to our clients’ needs and designing facilities to meet those needs rather than specializing in just one type of project.
We have worked with diverse groups of clients and contractors on all types of projects, striving every day to develop lasting and meaningful relationships with everyone involved in the successful development of our projects. Most of our work comes from loyal customers who are very satisfied year after year with the success of their projects. We are proud of the work we have done across the state of Wyoming. With our centrally located office, we can cover every corner of Wyoming and everywhere in between. We are currently licensed in Wyoming, Nebraska, South Dakota, Utah, and Michigan.
Please email your CV to [email protected]