Ephraim McDowell Health is now offering a new service for people who have difficulty getting out or cannot leave their homes. Ephraim McDowell Mobile Medical can provide a nurse practitioner who comes to your home to provide short-term or ongoing care to meet your medical needs.
Who is entitled to this service?
Ephraim McDowell Mobile Medical accepts patients in Boyle, Mercer, Garrard, Lincoln and Casey counties. You may be eligible if you are having difficulty leaving your home due to health issues or physical limitations. Staff will come to your home when going to a clinic is not an option for you physically. Staff can also make visits to assisted living facilities or wherever you call “home”.
The services offered include:
• Annual wellness visits
• Routine to complex medical care
• Management of chronic disorders
• Coordination of diagnostic tests such as blood tests, x-rays, podiatry care and specialist consultations
• Support and support for caregivers
• Coordination of care with your home health agency, assisted living facilities and other medical providers
• Medication refills
• Orders of durable medical equipment, oxygen and medical supplies
• Advanced care planning
• Wound care and other procedures
• In-person visits for home health and current certifications
Primary home care services offer many benefits to patients. It allows the provider to personalize your appointments while spending time in your environment to help you achieve your health goals.
Other benefits include:
• Reduction of unplanned emergency room visits and hospitalizations
• Reduced stress levels for patients and caregivers
• Promote collaboration with other health care providers
Ephraim McDowell Mobile Medical’s office is located at 125 Portman Avenue in Stanford. To schedule appointments or inquire about care, please call (606) 365-3378.