New York, New York, United StatesLocation:
Wed 22 Jun ’22Posted on:
New York-based interior design firm Drake/Anderson is looking a junior to intermediate level architectural CAD designer or interior designer to join our team to participate in a wide range of high-end residential projects.
The junior/intermediate level designer will be responsible for the development of plans and construction documents from start to finish. He/she will attend and actively participate in meetings and prepare applicable meeting documents/schedules. As needed, he will also develop new fixture shop drawings as well as 3D renderings and conduct site visits for site surveys and checklists.
Job requirements: (Minimum)
- 2-5 years high-end residential and/or commercial architecture live.
- Experience managing the design process and developing concise and comprehensive construction documents. (Must be able to assemble a complete drawing set)
- Demonstrated creative abilities, sketching, conceptual rendering and space planning.
- Strong working knowledge of basic fixture and cabinet construction details and methods.
- Ability to create basic 3D renderings.
- Understanding of electrical and plumbing systems and design.
- Exceptional communication skills, written and verbal.
- Ability to work independently, multi-task and prioritize tasks/assignments.
- Accustomed to managing several simultaneous missions.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Good understanding of building codes, ADA code and interior standards.
- Excellent working knowledge of AutoCAD and the Adobe suite.
- Proficiency in the Microsoft Office suite (Word, Outlook, Excel).
- Bachelor’s degree required, concentration in architecture
- Major growth opportunity. Great benefits, friendliness, mentorship and a positive work environment.
View your application history
Back to task list…