WASHINGTON- U.S. Senator Bill Cassidy, MD (R-LA) today released a visionary draft policy detailing how the United States can successfully reset its energy and climate policy and create a global energy future without Russia. Cassidy, a member of the Senate Energy and Finance Committees, called for a Energy Operation Warp Speed to restore America’s energy dominance.
“The world will be safer and the planet healthier in a future without Russian energy. It requires addressing global security, climate and a family’s ability to afford a tank of gas,” said Dr. Cassidy. “We need a Warp Speed operation for home power generation.”
(Click here to read)
Cassidy’s plan maps out a four-pronged approach for the United States to achieve its energy, national security, economic, and climate goals:
- Create Energy Operation Warp Speed invest in energy production in the United States and reduce red tape
- Building more resilient supply chains by storing essential fuels and minerals, protecting our infrastructure from nature, and reducing supply chain stresses through innovative research
- Bringing developing countries together by financing smart and sustainable energy production in developing countries to limit dependence on Russia and China
- Coordinate with our allies to alleviate the current energy crisis, end dependence on Russia and reduce global emissions
Cassidy’s outline balances US policy at the intersection of the environment, national security, the economy, and affordable energy. It aims to restore America’s energy independence, strengthen our national security and the security of our allies, reduce global emissions, and reduce the high energy costs that hurt American families.
Read the full policy plan here.
Background to Cassidy’s recent work to support US energy production:
- September 29, 2021: Cassidy gave a floor speech lambasting President Biden’s energy policies that have led to soaring inflation, rising energy prices and job losses in the United States.
- November 2, 2021: Cassidy wrote an op-ed with Sen. Kevin Cramer (R-ND) about the Biden administration’s counterproductive energy policy that is putting Americans out of work and allowing adversaries like Russia to boost their energy supply.
- January 13, 2022: Cassidy has voted to pass legislation sanctioning Russia’s Nord Stream 2 gas pipeline and undermining Russian influence in Europe.
- January 21, 2022: Cassidy wrote an op-ed for FoxNews.com stressing the need for the United States to create a new avenue for leading climate policy to undermine Russian influence.
- January 21, 2022: Cassidy joined Your World on Fox News to discuss America’s reliance on foreign countries for oil.
- February 3, 2022: Cassidy has announced his opposition to the Biden administration’s anti-energy Federal Reserve nominee.
- February 3, 2022: Cassidy joined Varney and Co. on Fox Business to discuss rising oil and gas prices and the Biden administration’s assault on US wallets.
- February 5, 2022: Cassidy spoke to the Washington Examiner about the importance of leveraging U.S. domestic oil and gas to displace dirtier competing fuels to reduce global greenhouse gas emissions.
- February 8, 2022: Cassidy grilled the Biden administration’s assistant secretary for land and minerals management at the US Department of the Interior over the administration’s regressive energy policies that undermine US energy independence and efforts to reduce global emissions .
- February 9, 2022: Cassidy joined the Brian Kilmeade Show on Fox News Radio to discuss the Biden administration’s decision to greenlight the Nord Stream 2 pipeline, preventing offshore leasing in the United States, and the situation in Ukraine.
- February 13, 2022: Cassidy joined Fox News on Sunday with Sandra Smith to discuss the Biden administration’s energy policy failures on climate, national security and the economy, as well as the need for an agenda that undermines the Russian influence.
- February 16, 2022: Cassidy and his colleagues demanded answers from the Biden administration on the Keystone XL pipeline shutdown.
- February 16, 2022: Cassidy joined The Evening Edit on Fox Business to discuss the energy crisis and Russian aggression in Ukraine.
- February 17, 2022: Cassidy led 26 colleagues to urge the Biden administration to increase LNG exports, to undermine Russian influence.
- February 17, 2022: Cassidy, Rubio and Rounds introduced a bill to accelerate natural gas exports to US partners, erode Russian influence.
- February 19, 2022: Cassidy joined Cavuto Live on Fox News to discuss the impact of the Biden administration’s energy policies on American jobs, gas prices and the ability to deter Russian aggression.
- February 24, 2022: Cassidy spoke to the Washington Examiner, saying the Biden administration had worked to raise the price of oil and gas internationally and here in the United States, while strengthening Putin’s influence in Europe.
- February 28, 2022: Cassidy called on Congress to pass its “Accelerating Natural Gas Exports to Allies Act” to bolster U.S. LNG exports to Europe to undermine Russian influence.
- March 1, 2022: Cassidy introduces the No Most Favored Nation Trading with Russia Act to revoke Russia’s most favored nation status, which currently protects Russia from being subject to US tariffs.
Next article Previous article